Sep 19, 2010


HM The Queen's Birthday Celebrations 12 Aug 2010 (annual)

HM The Queen's Birthday Celebrations


In honour of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit's birthday, coloured lights and decorations adorn Bangkok's Ratchadamnoen Avenue and the streets around the Grand Palace. Head to the Sanam Luang field for a huge fun festival of music and Thai culture.


Royalty in Thailand is a serious affair. Failing to show respect for the Queen will do nothing to endear you to ordinary Thai people. Pictures of the royal couple grace many a mantelpiece and to dishonour them in word or deed is an activity bordering on the illegal.



Otherwise, this is an opportunity to see the kind of light display that the Thais are so good at turning on for special (read royal) occasions.




4 comments:

mary john said...

A monitor on the exchange determines, from referral information supplied by web browsers, how many times a member web site has displayed the banner advertisements of other members, and credits that member with a number of displays of its banner on some other member's web site.

Unknown said...

Well, thought it was time to introduce myself, been reading so much about this place I thought best to signup and participate and helpout if I can.
So..hello and I hope to learn and help others out..peace
home business opportunity online

Unknown said...

I don't know If I said it already but ...This blog rocks! I gotta say, that I read a lot of blogs on a daily basis and for the most part, people lack substance but, I just wanted to make a quick comment to say I'm glad I found your blog. Thanks,:)A definite great read.
web designing

Unknown said...

I love it when people come together and share opinions, great blog, keep it up.
The State of Small-Business Lending